After School Programs to Develop the Full Potential of Students
Our students not only have a strong academic experience, but also have opportunities to participate in our curricular enhancement programs. These programs include fine arts, performing arts, and athletics. We believe that these experiences are critical to the development of the full potential of our students.
Solorio Academy High School
- Rated a Silver Medal School by the US News & World Report!
- Rated a Level 1+ School by Chicago Public Schools!
- Rated a Top 20 Public School in Chicago by Chicago Magazine!
- Rated the #1 neighborhood school in the State of Illinois by Schoolhound!
5400 S. St. Louis Ave.
Chicago , IL 60632
Please visit our athletic website which contains updated schedules/results, rosters, and announcements for the 2017-2018 Season:
Follow Solorio Athletics on Twitter: @SolorioSports
- Men’s Sports Offered: 16” Softball, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball, Water Polo
- Women’s Sports Offered: Basketball, Cross Country,Lacrosse, Softball, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball, Water Polo
- Co-ed Sports Offered: Cheerleading, Poms, Wrestling
After-School Clubs and Activities
Our extracurricular programs are designed to provide opportunities for students to extend their learning beyond regular school hours. Students are able to participate in the following activities:
- Anime Club
- Ballroom Dance Team
- Chess Team
- Chicago Opera Theater for Teens (ASM)
- Debate Team
- Drama Club
- DREAM Team
- Folkloric Dance
- Gay-Straight Alliance
- Graffiti Club
- Graphic Design (ASM)
- Green Team
- Guitar Club
- Italian Club
- Jazz Band
- JDef Mural Design (ASM)
- Key Club
- Martial Arts Club
- Math Team
- Model UN
- National Honors Society
- SAT Club
- Senior Committee
- Student Council
- Tech Club
- Video Game Club
- Washington Fellows
- Zero Waste Ambassadors
Solorio is continually adding new extracurricular activities and partnerships to give all of our students the opportunity to take their learning and growth outside of the classroom. Idea for a new club/team? Contact Mr. Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org.